Sunday, February 8, 2009

A Nature Hike with Oliver


The weather today was relatively cold and the bees were inside keeping the hive warm. Oliver and I decided to take a hike to photograph nature behind our house.
I was ready to head back after we had seen some cool birds and dissected fox scat. Oliver pushed on, climbing over rocks to discover more animals. To my surprise, as we went farther into the wilderness, I could hear the familiar buzzing of our bees. A magnificent Manzanita was humming with our honey bees and a couple of hummingbirds.
It was a perfect moment made possible by my adventurous hiker, Oliver. If you look closely at this picture you can see one of the bees. I eventually had to coax Oliver home with the promise of hot goat’s milk chocolate.

9 comments:

  1. It's winter here in my little corner of the world, and seeing your pics - especially those blossoms (are they blueberry?) - warmed my heart so!

    Thank you for that! Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Pics...I love the little back shot of Oliver climbing over the rocks...looks like Pooh climbing over a log..very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, just beautiful! I'm grateful for the warm days I get in winter and looking at those gorgeous photos make me wish for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute photos....and I just have to tell you Oliver is an adorable name! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Oliver, such an adventurer. Natures playground is amazing. Fantastic photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have flowers!! We just have snow. Lovely pics - makes me wish for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah I agree with everyone! Just gorgeous pics!! :] I love classic names like Oliver!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Oliver, too! He's so lucky to live in paradise. Some really nice photography here.

    ReplyDelete