Saturday, February 28, 2009

Rinconada Dairy

Rinconada Dairy is an incredible sheep ranch located in Santa Margarita, CA. The sheep and goats are happy, the cheese is delicious, and the owners, Jim and Christine are great assets to our community. Glenn and I were lucky enough to live on this ranch for the first year of Oliver’s life. We became interested in growing our own food, raising chickens for eggs, and eating organically while living on the ranch. It is baby season so Oliver, Grammy and I headed out to pet some lambs and kids.


The Kids.


These lambs loved Oliver.


Oli, Gammy, Olive Trees and Daffodils


I just really like this picture and it shows off his cool hat made by an etsy artist!


Ahh, nursing, what could be more beautiful?


If you visit California, this is the perfect place to stay if you love animals and good food.
http://www.rinconadadairy.com/farmstay.htm

13 comments:

  1. Wonderful post!! Love the pictures. It looks like Oliver had a blast! He'll always remember his time there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures. I grew up on a farm in Indiana and miss it often. Looking at these pictures brings back the tranquility and smells of being in the open air and around animals. We had pigs, cows, chickens, horses, a couple goats, dogs and many many cats. And then there were the wild animals we nursed back to health... too many to list. Thanks for the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous post!
    Your pictures are great and what a sweet little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, babies and baby animals!!! Too wonderful, thanks so much for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable photos!!! Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your pictures! The baby animals are so cute. That must be a fun life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! I am in california. Will check how far the ranch is from us. Would love to visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos and great blog....love your banner :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jess, your post made me want to get my goats NOW. Sigh. I'll just have to enjoy your pictures instead. Wonderful photos! Julia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for my Oli pic fix! The hat is really cute! Next time, an Oli video would be much appreciated (not to be greedy or anything...)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing, children and baby animals, what could be better?

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cute! Those lambs obviously think Oliver is very tasty. I just love baby lambs and goats.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Do you have an email for Rinconada Dairy? I am not a phone person and I would prefer to email them regarding a stay and buying lambs. you can post or email me at eas239 at yahoo dot com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete